As a mobile business I hate to admit that I eat out lot. I do my best to pack lunches, snacks, plan sit down meals but I’m human, and I forget; either from rushing out the door as a mom, forgetting to forget as a mom(haha) and sometimes straight up not caring to pack it. BUT I do this with the intention of also staying healthy the majority of the time. So, while these options are not perfect, they’re better than what you’re probably doing now if you chose to click this article, so here we go!
DISCLAIMER:: I do not eat many salads. So don’t expect to find them here!
These are in order by my personal frequency not what is actually best for you!
- Salad Bowl
- Brown Rice
- ½ Black or Pinto Beans
- Corn Salsa
- ½ Sour Cream
- Reduced-fat turkey bacon and cage-free egg white sandwitch
Tacos for Life
- Mahi-Mahi Taco on a corn tortilla
- Chicken Bacon Taco on corn tortilla
- Mr. Orange – Salmon Taco on Corn tortilla (removing 2nd taco shell)
- Brushfire – Jamaican Jerk Chicken on corn tortilla (removing 2nd taco shell)
- Grilled Chicken nuggets (dipping sauce is optional)
- Chicken sandwich (entrée only)
- ½ and ½ entrée
- Cup of chicken noodle soup
- Half sandwich napa almond chicken salad
- 6” sandwich
- 9- whole grain
- American cheese
- Chicken teriyaki
- Light Red onion
- Light salt and pepper
- No dressing
I see restaurants as an opportunity to have a good meal that I would not make very often at home.
I almost always go for a fatty fish option, typically Salmon, sometimes lobster, with steamed broccoli or broccolini, green beans, or asparagus. My rule of thumb at restaurants is to have only ONE starch. If they serve a salmon with brown rice and mash potatoes and green beans, I would choose between the potato and rice of which I would like to have, this is a recent example of which I swapped the mashed potatoes for steamed broccoli. Another common chose is a burger but again I chose which starch a want to have, if I would like to each the French fries then that means no bun! This is usually my choice.